This news story contains outdated information and is not updated. Please see our main news feed for recent news stories.
Leverhulme Trust Early Career Fellowships (2021)
The Department of History is now inviting expressions of interest for the Leverhulme Trust Early Career Fellowships.
These Fellowships aim to provide career development opportunities for those who are at a relatively early stage of their academic careers, but who have a proven record of research. The expectation is that Fellows should undertake a significant piece of publishable work during their tenure, and that the Fellowships should lead to a more permanent academic position.
Before contacting us please make sure you meet the eligibility criteria of the fellowships. Also note that the Trust places special weight on:
- the originality of the projects put to them
- the significance of the proposed work
- the ability to judge and take appropriate risk in the project
- the removal of barriers between traditional discipline.
We will support candidates who can demonstrate a track record of excellent research, backed by evidence such as doctoral funding and/or publications in top journals.
The deadline to submit an expression of interest for this scheme is 5pm Friday 15 January 2021 and should include:
- CV (4 pages max): including your name and current institution, the date of submission of your doctorate or date of your doctoral viva
- a summary of your proposed project (max. 1,000 words)
- one paragraph explaining why you see the Department of History at York as a good fit for your planned project (max. 500 words)
- one paragraph underlining why you consider yourself to be an outstanding candidate for this scheme
- one writing sample (article or chapter, published or unpublished).
Candidates are strongly advised to liaise with appropriate members of academic staff between now and January 2020 to discuss informally their project and the structure of their application.
Expressions of interest and any questions should be directed to Professor Craig Taylor (Chair of Research) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more about the Leverhulme Trust Early Career Fellowships.