Saturday 10 January 2015, 10.00AM to 4.30pm
- 10.00: Matthew Townend, 'Yorkshire Medievalism'
- 10.30: Helen Smith, 'Letters from Yorkshire'
- 11.00: Break
- 11.15: Emma Major, 'Dissent and God's Own Country'
- 11.45: Harriet Guest, 'A Trip to Scarborough'
- 12.15: John Bowen, ''The Great North Road'
- 12.45: Lunch
- 13.45: 'Lights on Literature', a short film by Helen Hobin
- 14.00: Nicola Watson (Open University), 'Bronte's Desk'
- 15.00: Break
- 15.15: Jonathan Brockbank, 'Mesh and Nesh: Representing Yorkshire'
- 15.45: Claire Chambers, '"Burminggaon? Nottinggaon? Biradforrd?": British-Pakistani Novelists's Depictions of Bradford'
- 16.15: General discussion/ summarizing remarks
All welcome, admission free.
Location: K/133, King's Manor, Exhibition Square, York