Whilst the University wants the Quiet Place to be easily accessible to those wishing to use it appropriately, it is also important to safeguard it from inappropriate use.
Staff and Students can email email@example.com to arrange access. Please provide a description of what you will be using the room for.
To access the garden and lower room you will need to obtain the access code for the gate and door from Derwent Reception. In requesting the access code you are agreeing to the conditions of use of the Quiet Place.
Conditions of Use
- The Quiet Place is only to be used for the purposes of quiet reflection, meditation, prayer, reading and contemplative walking.
- The use of quiet and appropriate music is permitted only in the upper room and should be moderated or stopped if requested by other Quiet Place users.
- Users are responsible for using the Quiet Place in a respectful manner.
- The key code for the lower room and garden area should be obtained from Derwent Reception.
- The key for the upper room must be returned to Derwent Reception by the end of the period of booking.
- Users should not attach or stick anything to the walls or leave objects or symbols within the Quiet Place.
- Users will be liable for the cost of any damage or extra cleaning required as a result of inappropriate use or behaviour.
- Anyone found to be misusing the Quiet Place may be excluded from further use and University members may subject to further action under the relevant code of discipline.