Whilst the University wants the Quiet Place to be easily accessible to those wishing to use it appropriately, it is also important to safeguard it from inappropriate use.
Staff and Students can email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange access. Please provide a description of what you will be using the room for.
To access the garden and lower room you will need to obtain the access code for the gate and door from Derwent Reception. In requesting the access code you are agreeing to the conditions of use of the Quiet Place.
Conditions of Use
- The Quiet Place is only to be used for the purposes of quiet reflection, meditation, prayer, reading and contemplative walking.
- The use of quiet and appropriate music is permitted only in the upper room and should be moderated or stopped if requested by other Quiet Place users.
- Users are responsible for using the Quiet Place in a respectful manner.
- A key card for the garden area may be obtained from Derwent Reception.
- The ground floor room, accessed via the garden, additionally requires a code which is then keyed into an entrance pad.
- The ground floor and first floor rooms can be entered without first accessing the garden, by signing out the appropriate key.
- All keys and key cards must be returned to Derwent Reception promptly at the end of the booking period.
- Users should not attach or stick anything to the walls or leave objects or symbols within the Quiet Place.
- Users will be liable for the cost of any damage or extra cleaning required as a result of inappropriate use or behaviour.
- Anyone found to be misusing the Quiet Place may be excluded from further use and University members may subject to further action under the relevant code of discipline.