Research in the Department of Health Sciences
Health Sciences is a large multi-disciplinary and multi-professional department. We have an international reputation for research that improves health and healthcare. Our vision is to be a world-class centre undertaking research on current and emerging challenges to health and healthcare provision. Our research related income for 2013/4 is £9.8 million. See an overview about all our research.
- Focusing on the determinants, prognosis and treatment of cancer
- Examining key issues affecting care in the UK and internationally
- Investigating the factors which play a role in inequalities in health and their implications
- Helping patients following a cardiac event or cardiovascular disease
- Focusing on the care of people with addictions or mental health problems
- Undertaking national randomised trials and development of statistical methodology