A friendly and informal atmosphere
At York we pride ourselves on the fact that the Department provides a supportive, friendly, enthusiastic atmosphere, which encourages our students to believe in themselves and achieve their potential. Informality is one of the distinctive qualities of York, and we believe that treating students as adults, in a relaxed but busy setting, is an important part of the educational experience that we offer.
The Department offers you
- a chance to work with some of the world’s leading prehistorians, archaeological scientists and historical archaeologists
- a philosophy of research-led teaching, cutting edge courses delivered via lectures, practicals, small group seminars and personal supervision
- a chance to gain experience through participation in a wide range of field and lab-based projects
- access to the wealth of resources and professional expertise that the historic city of York has to offer
- a commitment to professional training, personal development and student welfare.