We can help you develop your enterprise skills so that you're equipped to make an impact in the future.
We can support you to help you make your ideas become a reality. Our support is available to both students, and graduates within two years of their graduation day.
"Staff from York’s Careers service helped me get my business idea off the ground. They encouraged me to formulate a business plan and apply for funding and support from the University – I went to entrepreneur bootcamp and learned a lot.”
Bethan Vincent, Director of Vincent’s Coffee and Bright Ethics, BA History, 2013
- Our Student Enterprise Space is a dedicated centre for student-run businesses, with office facilities.
- A range of events and workshops that will help you to understand the processes of business planning and management.
- Mentors and business advisers, many our successful alumni, are on hand to help you realise your ideas.
- Funding, competitions and advice to get your idea started.
- You can spend the summer working on your business idea with our Summer Accelerator. If successful, you will receive a living allowance, dedicated workspace and professional business support.
- Social enterprise activities are supported through York's Community Fund. York has an excellent track record of supporting innovative social concepts that have become long standing, self-sustaining initiatives within the city and beyond.
- YuStart is York's crowdfunding platform. It can help you raise funding in return for non-financial rewards from networks of friends and alumni.
- York Entrepreneurs is one of the largest student societies on campus. It operates a regular programme of events throughout the year, including competitions that anyone with a general interest in business and commercial skills can engage in.
"The experience I gained through joining York’s Entrepreneurs Society and the Travel Society gave me the skills and confidence to run my own company. University funding also helped me develop my business idea.”
Charlie Thuillier, Founder and Managing Director of Oppo Ice Cream, BA Applied Social Science – Crime and Criminal Justice, 2011