We can help you develop your enterprise skills so that you're equipped to make an impact in the future as social entrepreneurs, enterprising employees and successful business owners.
We offer a package of support to help you make your ideas become a reality. It's available to both students, and graduates within two years of their graduation day.
- The University's Student Enterprise Space is a dedicated centre for student-run businesses, with office facilities based in the Ron Cooke Hub.
- A programme of events and workshops will help you to understand the processes of business planning and management.
- Mentors and business advisers, many drawn from our successful alumni, are on hand to help you realise your ideas.
- Funding, competitions and advice to get your idea started.
- You can spend the summer working on your business idea with our Summer Accelerator. If successful, you will receive a living allowance, dedicated workspace and professional business support.
- Social enterprise activities are supported through York's Community Fund. York has an excellent track record of supporting innovative social concepts that have become long standing, self-sustaining initiatives within the City and beyond.
- YuStart is York's crowdfunding platform. It can help you raise funding in return for non-financial rewards from networks of friends and alumni.
- York Entrepreneurs is one of the largest student societies on campus and operates a regular programme of events throughout the year including competitions that anyone with a general interest in business and commercial skills can engage in.
"The experience I gained through joining York’s Entrepreneurs Society and the Travel Society gave me the skills and confidence to run my own company. University funding also helped me develop my business idea.”
Charlie Thuillier, Founder and Managing Director of Oppo Ice Cream, BA Applied Social Science – Crime and Criminal Justice, 2011