Our taught Masters courses develop the skills and frameworks needed to tackle environmental issues at local, regional and global levels and prepare you for a wide range of careers in the environmental sector. Or, you can build a solid foundation for further study.
Our research courses feature environmental sustainability at their core, matched to commitments around eliminating poverty, and providing equity and justice for all.
Our taught Masters courses
- Corporate Sustainability and Environmental Management (MSc)
- Environmental Economics and Environmental Management (Msc)
- Environmental Science and Management (MSc)
- Sustainability Science (MSc)
- Sustainability Studies (MA)
- Sustainable Business, Environment and Society (MSc)
- Sustainable Business, Environment and Society (MSc) (dual degree)
- Data Science (MSc)
Or, choose another course.
Our research degrees
We offer the following research degrees:
- MSc by Research
- MPhil/PhD in Human Geography and Environment
- MPhil/PhD in Environmental Geography
- MPhil/PhD in Environmental Science
- MPhil/PhD in Environmental Economics and Environmental Management
Why study Environment and Geography at York
Our research is ranked joint second in the UK for impact according to Times Higher Education’s ranking of the latest REF results (2021)
Links with policymakers
You'll benefit from our unique access to the Stockholm Environment Institute, an international environmental policy unit embedded in the Department
Our superb £12.5m building contains purpose-built labs, lecture theatre and seminar rooms as well as featuring a spectacular living wall