YuFund gives grants to developmental and community projects run by student clubs and societies, departments and colleges.
YuFund is supported by donations from alumni and friends of the University of York, and it aims to provide students with as many opportunities as possible. It is intended as a way to fund the development of projects rather than operational costs. There are two application windows throughout the year - in Autumn and Summer Terms.
YuFund backs projects that:
- make opportunities equally accessible for students;
- contribute to the work of the University locally, nationally or internationally;
- contribute to student mental health or wellbeing;
- help student enterprise to succeed;
- create an active creative community on campus and beyond;
- create physical spaces that allow students to fulfil their potential.
The maximum amount you can apply for is £10,000.
Recent successful projects
- Funding was awarded to Central Hall Music Society ensuring a full-scale, industry level production of '9 to 5 The Musical' at the Joseph Rowntree Theatre.
- The SJA First Aid Society purchased new Q-CPR mannequins; units with inbuilt sensors which provide the trainer with real time objective feedback via an app.
- The Sailing and Windsurfing club purchased a boat trailer, so they can take their own boats to competitions.
- YSTV received funding to enable use of a vision mixing and streaming platform software, offering better events coverage and flagship live streams.
Applications for YuFund are now closed, and will re-open in Summer 2023. Applicants to the Autumn 2022 round will hear from YuFund after the Panel meeting on Monday 12 December. For flexible fundraising to suit your needs, please head to YuStart.
YuFund is part of York Unlimited, the campaign for the University of York. Through our campaign, we will connect you to projects that enable brilliant minds to break barriers, overcome limitations and think differently to solve the challenges of the world today.