YuFund offers grants to developmental and community projects run by student clubs and societies, departments and colleges.
YuFund is supported by donations from alumni and friends of the University of York, and aims to provide students with as many opportunities as possible. It is intended as a way to fund the development of projects rather than operational costs. There are two application windows each year, in the Autumn and Summer Terms.
YuFund supports projects that:
- make opportunities equally accessible for students;
- contribute to the work of the University locally, nationally or internationally;
- contribute to student mental health or wellbeing;
- help student enterprise to succeed;
- create an active creative community on campus and beyond;
- create physical spaces that allow students to fulfil their potential.
The maximum amount you can apply for is £10,000.
Recent successful projects
- Funding was awarded to the York Drama Society, enabling them to have a new, state of the art floor installed in The Drama Barn.
- Nightsafe received funding to provide additional mental health training to volunteers and purchase first aid equipment.
- The University of York Boat Club were awarded funding for improvements in safety, coaching and coxing equipment.
Applications for YuFund are now closed and will re-open in Autumn 2023.
Applicants to the Summer 2023 round will hear from YuFund after the panel meeting by Friday 23 June. For flexible fundraising to suit your needs, please head to YuStart.
- All YuFund applications must be endorsed by either a member of University of York staff, YUSU staff or a YUSU Sabbatical Officer. You should have your endorser’s permission before listing their details and ensure they know about the project they’re endorsing. At the very least, you should forward them the automated copy of your application that you will receive on submission. It is your responsibility to ensure your endorser sends an email backing your project to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday 12 May 2023. Applications without endorsements may be viewed as incomplete.
- You will also be required to submit a financial budget/forecast within your application. Please note that YuFund does not cover operational project costs or costs for food and drink.
- All grants awarded as part of this disbursement round must be used by 1 December 2023, with an update report submitted to email@example.com. If your planned activity is not due to start or take place until after December, please apply for the next disbursement round in Autumn 2023.
- If YuFund is not the right platform for your project, for fundraising to suit your needs, please consider YuStart.
YuFund is part of York Unlimited, the campaign for the University of York. Through our campaign, we will connect you to projects that enable brilliant minds to break barriers, overcome limitations and think differently to solve the challenges of the world today.