Accessibility statement

Leave or change your room

Leave or change your room banner

Your responsibility

If you're leaving your room or moving to a different one, it's your responsibility to leave it in the same condition it was in when you arrived.

See our 
moving out information to help you remember what needs doing.

Accommodation adverts terms and conditions

University accommodation

Please note that the University terms and conditions of residence strictly forbid sub-letting by students. 

Private Sector accommodation

Private sector accommodation adverts

The University does not accept liability for any of the properties advertised by students through this service.  It is the responsibility of the resident student to keep their housemates informed and to ensure that their landlord agrees to a change of tenant. Students looking for accommodation may also wish read our private sector page.

This advertising system is for students only.

Your options

Unfortunately, this year room swaps are incredibly difficult to manage and increasingly unlikely given the issues associated with Covid-19. 

  • If you are wanting to move from your room due to concerns within your accommodation or emergency issues please contact your College Administrator. 
  • If you wish to terminate your agreement because you're withdrawing, taking a leave of absence from your course or for any other reason, please contact the accommodation team (


It's not allowed!

You're not allowed, under any circumstances, to privately sub-let University owned accommodation. Under the Student Terms and Conditions of Residence, you agree that you're the only person who can live in the room. If you allow another student to live in your room, you'll be in breach of your agreement and will also remain responsible for payment of the accommodation fees and any damage to the room.