News and events
Recently published "Prioritarianism in Practice" edited by Matthew Adler and Ole Norheim, Cambridge University Press.
The book features the Chapter 'Prioritarianism and Health Policy' written by Richard Cookson, Ole Norheim and Ieva Skarda.
We are always keen to encourage our team members to develop their knowledge and understanding and to explore different opportunities to work with others and to share and collaborate in new ways.
Chris Lübker (Equipol PhD student) is currently on a six-month Wellcome Secondment Fellowship to the OECD in Paris, France. He is working with the Wellbeing Research Modelling team at the Centre for Wellbeing, Inclusion, Sustainability, and Equal Opportunities (WISE) on updating an analysis of educational inequalities in life expectancy among OECD countries. Results will be used in upcoming OECD reports, including 'Health at a Glance'.
Matthew Robson (Equipol Research Fellow) has recently completed a three month Wellcome Secondment Fellowship to Oxfam GB. He was working within the Evidence and Strategic Learning Team on a range of topics from poverty measurement to women's empowerment.
The seminar series will take place again in 2022 following the success of last year (dates/speakers to be confirmed). It will feature talks on equity and inequality in health. More details to follow.
Tuesday 21st June 2021
Health Inequality: Roman Britain to Covid Britain.
Richard Cookson and Ellen Kendall
EQUIPOL Health Equity Seminar Series 2021
The EQUIPOL group held a series of seminars by key speakers on the subject of equity and health inequality.
11th May, Erik.Schokkaert, “Ethnic differences and preference heterogeneity”
18th May, Paul Frijters, “Resilience to disaster: evidence from wellbeing data”
25th May, Ole Norheim, “Should people’s aversion to health inequality influence priority setting”
1st June, Gabriella Conti, “Health Effects of Prenatal and Infancy Home Visiting Programs by Nurses: Evidence from a Randomized Control Trial"
8th June, Aki Tsuchiya, “Public preferences over policy objectives at a time of crisis”
15th June, Owen O’Donnell, “Distributionally Sensitive Measurement of Population Health with an Application to Disease Prioritization in Sub-Saharan Africa”.
Previous talks, conferences and events
A brief overview of some of the recent events and conferences the team has contributed to.
- (Skarda I). ''Health Policies with Consumption Effects'' Society for Benefit-Cost Analysis Annual Conference, October 2021.
- (Skarda I). ''Full Lifecourse Economic Evaluation of Childhood Policies'' Glasgow Health Economics Seminar Series, September 2021.
- (Doran T). “Regional inequalities in deaths during the COVID-19 pandemic” ITN News, Jun 2021.
- (Doran T). “Regional inequalities in deaths during the COVID-19 pandemic” BBC News, Jun 2021.
- (Skarda I). ''Full Lifecourse Economic Evaluation of Childhood Policies'' ActEarly Methods Club Inaugural Session, May 2021.
- (Skarda I).''Lifecourse Modelling for Childhood Policy Analysis'' Society for Benefit-Cost Analysis Annual Conference, March 2021.
- (Skarda I)."Modelling the long-term health and social consequences of childhood policy" Oxford Talks. University of Oxford, March 2021.
- (Cookson R). Webinar presentation “Distributional cost-effectiveness analysis” Biogen-ISPOR Collaboration (Remote), Nov 2020.
- (Cookson R). Webinar presentation “Distributional cost-effectivenss analysis” HITAP Thailand (Remote), Nov 2020.
- (Cookson R). Webinar presentation “Using distributional cost-effectivenss analysis to prioritise covid treatment and vaccinations” International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research Webinar Series (Remote), Sep 2020.
- (Cookson R). International Health Economics Association Special Interest Group on Equity-Informative Economic Evaluation (Remote), July 2020.
- (Robson M). Measuring Health: Ethical Perspectives Workshop, Aarhus University (Remote) Jun 2020.
- (Cookson R). International Health Economics Association Webinar, May 2020.
- (Skarda I, Cookson R). Department of Education, London, Mar 2020.
- (Doran T, Robson M). Department of Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, York, Feb 2020.
- (Robson M). Arctic University of Norway, Tromsø, Jan 2020
- (Doran T) Commonwealth Fund Harkness UK Annual Meeting, London, Jan 2020.
- (Cookson R) 11th Health Services and Policy Research Conference, Auckland, Dec 2019.
- (Doran T, Robson M). Department of Health and Social Care, London, Oct 2019.
- (Skarda I, Cookson R). ActEarly Collaboration Meeting, London, Oct 2019.
- (Robson M). Interdisciplinary Research Network for Economists and Philosophers Conference, York, Sep 2019.
- (Robson M). IRDES Seminar, Paris, Sep 2019.
- (Robson M). European Workshop on Econometrics and Health Economics, Leuven, Sep 2019.
- (Doran T) National Health Service England Population Segmentation Workshop, London, Sep 2019.
- (Skarda I).''Microsimulation for Lifecourse Economic Evaluation: A Framework and Application to Early Years Policy'' International Health Economics Association Annual Congress, Basel, Jul 2019.
- (Cookson R). International Health Economics Association Annual Congress, Basel, Jul 2019.
- (Robson M). International Health Economics Association Annual Congress, Basel, Jul 2019.
- (Robson M). Summer School Inequality and Inequity in Health and Healthcare, Lausanne, Jul 2019.
- (Robson M). IAESV Workshop on Economics for the Social Good, Leicester, Jul 2019.
- (Robson M). Health Economic and Decision Science Seminar, Sheffield, Jul 2019.