SafeAI 2020 AAAI's Workshop on Artificial Intelligence Safety
This workshop seeks to explore new ideas on AI safety with particular focus on addressing the following questions:
- what is the status of existing approaches in ensuring AI and machine learning (ML) safety and what are the gaps?
- how can we engineer trustable AI software architectures?
- how can we make AI-based systems more ethically aligned?
- what safety engineering considerations are required to develop safe human-machine interaction?
- what AI safety considerations and experiences are relevant from industry?
- how can we characterise or evaluate AI systems according to their potential risks and vulnerabilities?
- how can we develop solid technical visions and new paradigms about AI safety?
- how do metrics of capability and generality, and the trade-offs with performance affect safety?
Dr Colin Paterson will present Assurance Argument Patterns and Processes for Machine Learning in Safety-Related Systems.