Launch of the Assuring Autonomy International Programme
The Programme held its official launch at the University of York on 5 July. It was attended by key organisations from the robotics and safety fields.
The day featured presentations from Lloyd’s Register Foundation, senior University leaders and Programme staff, as well as key stakeholders such as the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) and Ocado Technology.
The Programme’s first four demonstrators gave an overview of their projects and the funding call for new demonstrator projects was launched.
Presentations from the launch event included:
- Professor John McDermid (The University of York) - an introduction to the Programme
- Dr Praminda Caleb Solly - Assistive Robotics in Healthcare Demonstrator
- Professor Sasikumar Punnekkat (Mälardalan University, Sweden) - Safety assurance
- Giuseppe Fogliazza (Machining Centers Manufacturing S.p.A) - ReColl
- Dr Lucy Martin (EPSRC) - Robotics and AI (PDF , 427kb)
- Professor John McDermid (The University of York) - the Body of Knowledge
- Dr Ana MacIntosh (The University of York) - Funding call