Our curriculum offers undergraduate students incredible breadth of study driven by world class research expertise
Why choose History at York?
- Huge choice of optional modules to suit all interests
- More than 40 academic staff who are leading experts in their fields – we were rated 2nd nationally for the quality of our research in the latest Research Excellence Framework (REF)
- Small group teaching
- Varied assessments that seek to bring out the best in students
- The opportunity for all students to study abroad in Year 2
- Location, location – fabulous campus close to a beautiful city
"The way history is taught at York, mainly through group seminars, lends itself to an informal, sociable atmosphere. Tutors are always keen to provide a quick response to any question you may have and supervisor meetings one on one give you all the support you need."
Penny, Current Student