- Postgraduate degrees in international human rights law and applied human rights
- Undergraduate modules open to students in other disciplines
- Short courses and distance-learning
- MPhil / PhD research degrees
"I have been greatly motivated by CAHR in a way that has influenced me to continue helping people in need not only in Sierra Leone but the world as a whole."
- Rhoda, 2011 (pictured)
Our Protective Fellowship Scheme makes a unique contribution in enhancing the sustainability of social activism. Read the stories of our Defenders and find out more about the Scheme.
CAHR draws on the University of York's rich tradition of engaged scholarship. Current and funded research includes:
- human rights defenders at risk
- from transitional to transformative justice
- legal empowerment
- translating freedom
Posted on Monday 22 April 2013
The Centre for Applied Human Rights is launching an online distance learning Postgraduate Certificate in Defending Human Rights in October 2013.
Posted on Wednesday 6 March 2013
CAHR is offering one scholarship for the MA or the LLM in 2013-14.
For more information about the MA, LLM and PhD programmes taught at CAHR, download the CAHR brochure (PDF , 449kb).