YESI Networks are a place where people from different disciplines across the university and beyond can meet and explore highly topical areas of common interest that cut across YESI's Research Themes (Environment & Health; Resilient Ecosystems; Food, Water & Waste).
There is an open call for new networks and proposals can be submitted at any time, new networks officially start in October, the start of the academic year.
- Facilitate connections between University of York researchers and external research stakeholders
- Share knowledge and learning among members e.g. research, events, publications etc.
- Make visible the diversity of environmental sustainability research taking place within the University of York on the topic area e.g. through sharing publications on the YESI website, newsletter, social media etc.
- Encourage new participants
- Are proactive in responding to current affairs
If you have an idea for a new network please consider:
- How timely the proposed network is.
- Whether the topic is an upcoming area of research momentum in York
- Whether the network is sufficiently interdisciplinary in nature, whether there is potential to bring researchers from different disciplines together, and whether there is potential interest from external participants in engaging in the networ (involvement of external partners is not mandatory)
Want to start a Network?
If you're interested in starting a new network please read and complete the following: