Campus is packed with places to eat and drink. For your groceries and essentials we also have two supermarkets and a shop.
Here's a selection of what's on offer:
- The Courtyard in Derwent College is one the most popular places to eat and drink on campus serving up homemade burgers and cheesy chips.
- The Glasshouse in Langwith College on Campus East serves up nachos, panini and wraps. They also have curry club once a week and a late night menu with cocktails.
- The Kitchen at Alcuin has a vintage feel with big comfy sofas and is recommended as the place to go for a cuppa and a slice of cake.
- The Lounge in James College is a favourite for cocktails and society socials.
- Vanbrugh Food Court offers a range food from burritos to healthy Asian broths and a large range of salads and sandwiches. V Bar is also open in the evening for a quiet drink in a traditional pub environment.
- At the Galleria Restaurant at Roger Kirk you can get a hearty breakfast, noodles, pies, halal food and much more.
- Derwent has a popular world street food menu from curry to falafels as well as serving the ever popular Derwent burgers. In the evening and at the weekend D-Bar offers a large range of drinks and snacks.
- The Scoop Student Cooperative is a student shop offering healthy, ethical, local goods on a budget.
- There is also a food market once a month on Market Square serving up tasty homemade treats.
- For a pub lunch you can nip to The Charles in Heslington Village.
Profits from all the outlets on campus are reinvested to build a fantastic student experience. This includes investment in societies, sports clubs and developing facilities around the University.
For information about all the venues across campus see:
If you're really passionate about food and drink you might be interested in joining one of these student societies:
- Baking Society
- Cocktail Society
- Coffee Society
- Real Ale Society
- Tea Society
- Vegetarian and Vegan Society
- Wine Appreciation Society.
Catered accommodation and meal deals
Catered Accommodation is available for undergraduate students which includes breakfast and a two course meal. We also have a Meals in Advance Deal available to all students, where you can buy discounted meals on a term by term basis.