Campus is packed with places to eat and drink. For your groceries and essentials we also have two supermarkets and a shop.
Places to eat and drink
- Piazza Restaurant on Campus East is new for 2018. Serving up hot food and cold snacks seven-days-a-week, including a traditional roast dinner on a Sunday.
- The Courtyard in Derwent College is one the most popular places to eat and drink on campus serving up homemade burgers and cheesy chips.
- The Glasshouse in Langwith College on Campus East serves up nachos, panini and wraps. They also have curry club once a week and a late night menu with cocktails.
- The Kitchen at Alcuin has a vintage feel with big comfy sofas and is recommended as the place to go for a cuppa and a slice of cake.
- The Lounge in James College is a favourite for cocktails and society socials.
- Vanbrugh Food Court offers a range food from burritos to healthy Asian broths and a large range of salads and sandwiches. V Bar is also open in the evening for a quiet drink in a traditional pub environment.
- At the Galleria Restaurant at Roger Kirk you can get a hearty breakfast, noodles, pies, halal food and much more.
- Derwent has a popular world street food menu from curry to falafels as well as serving the ever popular Derwent burgers. In the evening and at the weekend D-Bar offers a large range of drinks and snacks.
- The Scoop Student Cooperative is a student shop offering healthy, ethical, local goods on a budget.
- There is also a food market once a month on Market Square serving up tasty homemade treats.
- For a pub lunch, you can nip to The Charles or The Deramore Arms in Heslington Village.
Profits from all the outlets on campus are reinvested to build a fantastic student experience. This includes investment in societies, sports clubs and developing facilities around the University.
For information about all the venues across campus see:
If you're really passionate about food and drink you might be interested in joining one of these student societies:
- Baking Society
- Cocktail Society
- Coffee Society
- Real Ale Society
- Tea Society
- Vegetarian and Vegan Society
- Wine Appreciation Society
Supermarkets and shops
- Nisa supermarket in two locations on Campus West: Market Square and Halifax College, and a new shop open on Campus East.
- YUSU shop selling a range of goods, from newspapers and stationary to merchandise and cards. Plus, the shop has its very own postal service where you can send letters and parcels.
Catered accommodation and meal deals
Catered Accommodation is available for undergraduate students which includes breakfast and a two-course meal. We also have a Meals in Advance Deal available to all students, where you can buy discounted meals on a term by term basis.