ONAOSI Foundation postgraduate scholarships
We're proud to offer limited National Opera for the Assistance of Italian Health Orphans scholarships for students entering a one-year taught or research Masters.
The scholarship will be paid directly as a fee waiver. You will need to pay for your own accommodation, living costs and any additional costs.
These scholarships are funded by a generous donation from the ONAOSI Foundation (onaosi.it) based in Perugia, Italy. The Foundation was established to provide aid to the orphans of Italian medical personnel and has since expanded its remit to support undergraduate and postgraduate study.
Mario Torre (Department of Biology) was granted this particular scholarship, and graduated with a Masters in Molecular Medicine in January 2020. Listen to him talk about his university experience:
Open to students from Italy only.
- have applied for a place at the University of York for a one-year taught or research Masters (MA, MSc or MA/MSc by research) for admission in September 2022
- be a current beneficiary of the ONAOSI Foundation at the time of application to the University of York.
Applicants will be required to apply to the University of York for admissions to their chosen Masters programme and separately to the ONAOSI Foundation for consideration for scholarship assistance.
Application deadline: Monday 20 June 2022, 11.59pm BST
You should apply to the University of York for your chosen course of study, and apply separately to the ONAOSI Foundation for a scholarship place. You must ensure that your application to the University has also been submitted by the same date.
To apply to the ONAOSI Foundation postgraduate scholarships you need to complete the application form on the ONAOSI website.
The final decision on the award of scholarships will be made by 25 July 2022.
- The following courses are excluded from the scholarship, as they are Hull-York Medical School courses delivered by the University of Hull: MSc in Clinical Anatomy, MSc in Clinical Anatomy and Education, MSc in Pharmacology and Education, MSc in Pharmacology and Drug Development, MSc in Health Professions Education, MSc in Physician Associate Studies.
- Excluded programmes also include: Economics postgraduate summer session (pre-sessional), Mathematical Foundations of Quantitative Finance (pre-sessional), Mathematics for Quantitative Finance (pre-sessional), MSc Sustainable Business: Leadership, Innovation and Management, MA in Gender and Women's Studies (GEMMA), MA in Public Policy (Mundus MAPP).
- The scholarships are for one year of study and for students beginning their study at the start of the academic year 2022-23.
- Successful students will be responsible for the remaining costs of their studies, including travel between home and York, accommodation and day-to-day living expenses.
I will be forever grateful for the help I have received throughout the years from the ONAOSI Foundation. Through this scholarship, I was able to fully focus on my Master without being held back by financial worries.
Giulia, MA History of Art