We have workshops and resources to help you manage your research - from starting out to conducting your research and, finally, writing up.
- Framing your Research Question
- Searching the Literature
- Copyright for Researchers: Protecting your Own Work and Re-using Other People’s
- Managing Your Research Data
- Microsoft Word: Academic Documents
- Preparing for your Viva
- What is Open research and Why Does it Matter?
- Completing your Thesis
- Research Integrity and Ethics
- Preparing a Funding Proposal
- Writing the PhD Literature Review and Progression Report
- Introduction to Intellectual Property & Commercialisation Support Available
- An Introduction to Using Generative AI Tools for Researchers
Fundamentals of Academic Writing
- Laying the Foundation for Clear Writing
- Strategies for Effective Drafting
- Strategies for Effective Editing
- Getting the Writing Written
All postgraduate researchers must complete a compulsory online research integrity tutorial - you'll find it in your Yorkshare VLE module list. If you do not have an Integrity Tutorial in your VLE module list, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All postgraduate researchers have a responsibility to properly manage the data they create, collect or use during the course of their research. Get to grips with the principles and practice of good research data management by completing the RDM 101 online tutorial on the VLE.