Our research is primarily focused on experimental studies into various aspects of the structure of nuclei and nuclear processes, including reactions of relevance to nuclear astrophysics.
We study the fundamental properties of atomic nuclei and the origin of elements in the cosmos by employing and developing experimental and theoretical techniques.
As well as pursuing fundamental research focussing on the key questions at the forefront of the field, we develop new techniques in nuclear technology, working closely with industrial partners.
We are strongly committed to inspiring the next generation of scientists and bringing the excitement of fundamental science to the wider public.
- Professor Andrei Andreyev Shapes and Fission.
- Dr Charles Barton Nuclear Astrophysics.
- Professor Mike Bentley Nuclear Symmetries.
- Dr Christian Diget Nuclear astrophysics.
- Professor Jacek Dobaczewski Theoretical nuclear structure, nuclear density functionals.
- Professor Brian Fulton Nuclear astrophysics.
- Professor David Jenkins Nuclear symmetries.
- Dr Alison Laird Nuclear Astrophysics.
- Dr Stefanos Paschalis Exotic nuclei.
- Dr Alessandro Pastore Computing atomic nuclei.
- Professor Bob Wadsworth Nuclear symmetries.
- Professor Dan Watts Hadron, nuclear and medical physics.
- Dr Pankaj Joshi Experimental Officer
- Matt Pickin
Computing Support Officer
- Julien Bordes GEANT4 Research Software Engineer
- Stamatina Alexandropoulou
- Cameron Angus
- Faten Asomali
- Liam Atkins
- Shazeab Ayub
- Aliyu Bala
- William Booth
- Soham Chakraborty
- Geraint Clash
- Richard Crane
- Eleanor Dunling
- Sonia Escribano Rodriguez
- Alexander Hall-Smith
- Mihai Mocanu
- Silvia Murrillo Morales
- David Muir
- Ruth Newton
- Matthew Nicol
- Luke Tetley
- Juan Saiz Lomas
- Jennifer Sanchez Rojo
- Luke Rose
- Paolo Sassarini
- Matthew Shelley
- Joseph Frost-Schenk
- Aaron Stott
- Johnny Taylor
- Sivahami Uthayakumaar
- Benjamin Wallis
- Rhidian Williams
- Rehab Yajzey
- Jose Gustavo Vega Romero
We apply our collective expertise to six key research areas:
We host regular events with exciting internal and external speakers throughout the year.
Explore our PhD projects.Study with us
Read our latest research news.Read our news
We hold regular seminars.Explore seminars