Our research is primarily focused on experimental studies into various aspects of the structure of nuclei and nuclear processes, including reactions of relevance to nuclear astrophysics.
We study the fundamental properties of atomic nuclei and the origin of elements in the cosmos by employing and developing experimental and theoretical techniques.
As well as pursuing fundamental research focussing on the key questions at the forefront of the field, we develop new techniques in nuclear technology, working closely with industrial partners.
We are strongly committed to inspiring the next generation of scientists and bringing the excitement of fundamental science to the wider public.
- Professor Andrei Andreyev Shapes and Fission.
- Dr Charles Barton Nuclear Astrophysics.
- Professor Mike Bentley Nuclear Symmetries.
- Dr James Cubiss Nuclear shape coexistence.
- Dr Christian Diget Nuclear astrophysics.
- Professor Jacek Dobaczewski Theoretical nuclear structure, nuclear density functionals.
- Professor Brian Fulton Nuclear astrophysics.
- Professor David Jenkins Nuclear symmetries.
- Dr Alison Laird Nuclear Astrophysics.
- Dr Stefanos Paschalis Exotic nuclei.
- Dr Alessandro Pastore Computing atomic nuclei.
- Professor Bob Wadsworth Nuclear symmetries.
- Professor Dan Watts Hadron, nuclear and medical physics.
- Tahani Almusidi
- Faten Asomali
- Liam Atkins
- Aliyu Bala
- Adam Brown
- Eleanor Dunling
- Joseph Frost-Schenk
- Daniel Golton
- Thoryn Haylett
- Robert Harding
- Nic Hubbard
- Megan Jenkins
- Ryan Llewellyn
- Antonio Marquez Romero
- Monther Al Monthery
- Luke Morris
- Silvia Murrillo Morales
- Michael Munch
- David Muir
- Ruth Newton
- Chris Raison
- Luke Tetley
- Juan Saiz Lomas
- Jennifer Sanchez Rojo
- Matthew Shelley
- Sivahami Uthayakumaar
- Benjamin Wallis
- Matthew Williams
- Rehab Yajzey
- Rubena Yusoff
- Jose Gustavo Vega Romero
- Jack Wood
- Xiao Mei
We apply our collective expertise to six key research areas:
We host regular events with exciting internal and external speakers throughout the year.
Explore our PhD projects.Study with us
Read our latest research news.Read our news
We hold regular seminars.Explore seminars