Hello and welcome to Wentworth Graduate College!
Whether you’re joining us as a resident or living off campus, our College Team will do our best to make you feel at home.
Before you arrive
If you’re wanting to plan ahead, you might want to familiarise yourself with these useful online resources:
- Take a look at our welcome pages for new postgraduates
- Check the Wentworth events page and our Eventbrite for details of what's going on in Wentworth for the first few weeks
- Join our official Wentworth Facebook group
- Watch our College Principal's Welcome video
- Whether you are moving into catered or self-catered accommodation, you'll need to think about food for your first evening. Depending on when you arrive, our on-campus outlets may be closed, and if you are moving into catered accommodation, please be aware your meals will only be available on weekdays during the semester.
When you're here
Find out about nearby services, college spaces and places to grab a bite to eat on our college facilities web page.
Our College Life Advisors have put together some handy video guides on some of the services around York that you might like to make use of once you’re here.
- York Coffee Guide
- Practical Tour of York
- How to buy young persons railcard
- How to buy a 26-30 railcard
- First Direct Bus 66
If you are living off campus, you can collect your student ID card from Wentworth Graduate College reception any time between 9am to 7pm from Monday 11 September onwards.
Your first few weeks
Throughout your first weeks of being a member of Wentworth, the College and Graduate Students' Association (GSA) will put together a programme of activities to welcome you to the Wentworth Graduate College community and introduce you to other postgraduates.
Keeping up to date
As we get closer to the start of the semester, we'll email you with information and advice on how to prepare. These emails will be sent to your University of York email account. Find any that you may have missed below.