For an overview of what the Library has available, see About our collections.
Your main Library search tool is YorSearch.
Here you can search the Library catalogue for books, ebooks, music, journals etc.
You can also search other databases and repositories including White Rose Research and book chapters.
YorSearch help & news:
Over 40 terminals throughout the libraries provide access to YorSearch, the Library and University homepages, and selected other library catalogues.
They can be used to view to some full-text electronic resources and databases.
To browse or search available ejournals, use the Find ejournal tool within YorSearch.
You can also search for these journals using the standard YorSearch search, but Find ejournal offers a browse facility which you may find useful.
Use the E-resources Guide to browse our e-resources by subject or A-Z listing.
You can also get subject specific support and guidance from your Academic Liaison Librarian, who can also help you with searching for resources:
The online reading/resource list tool is called EARL (Easy Access to Resource Lists).
If your module has an online reading list, it will be attached to that module in the Yorkshare VLE.
It may be listed as "reading list", "resource list", "EARL list" or similar.
Can't find what you're looking for?
It's not on YorSearch
- Check that you've searched using the right information. For example, have you got the correct spelling?
- Ask at the Help Desk.
- Check the reference with your tutor.
It's not on the shelf
- Check to see if the item is waiting to be shelved in one of the reshelving rooms on the first and second floors of the JB Morrell Library.
- Double check you are looking in the right place. For example, perhaps the book is a quarto (oversize book), and so shelved separately.
- Ask at the Help Desk. We'll help you look for it and if we can't find it we'll help identify alternatives.
We don't have it here