You will complete a four-week Foundations block including core chemistry, physics and engineering approaches relevant to cross-disciplinary sustainable materials research. We aim to produce well-rounded scientists, equipped and empowered to engage effectively with each other.
We will also offer core training on topics such as:
- health and safety from an interdisciplinary perspective
- responsible research and innovation
- equality, diversity and inclusion in STEM
- mental health awareness in academia.
Years 2 and 3
In subsequent years you'll have “Pioneer” options for advanced or specialist technical training and professional career development, including:
- intellectual property
- project management
- disseminating science across borders (engaging with non-academic audiences: industry, public, government)
- science policy in sustainable development
- thesis and grant writing.
Networking and collaboration
Each year, you'll attend a research and industry showcase giving you the chance to show your work and forge important connections with fellow researchers and industry professionals. You'll also attend regular events at the SusMat0 Hub, including away days and team building activities.