Health, wellbeing and sustainability
The University has an array of support available for mental health and wellbeing, as well as outdoor activities to get involved in around campus.
We want to ensure our staff, students and the wider community are living healthy lives, so they are in the best place possible to contribute to a sustainable future. A future that they can be happy and healthy in.
Walks and trails
There are several walks and activities available for staff, students and the public to explore around our campus.
- The Nature Walk takes you through some of the areas on Campus East that are great for flora and fauna
- The Campus Tree Trail takes a route around Campus West to show off its diverse array of trees
- The Active Trail is an exercise challenge between Campus East and West with fitness obstacles throughout
Mental health and wellbeing
Looking after your mental health is key to getting the most out of your University experience.
- Mental health is one of our key research themes at the University
- You can read advice and find where to access support on our student health and wellbeing pages
- York Nightline run a confidential listening service run by students, for students
- Student Minds York raise awareness of mental health at the University and provide information on support available to students
Sport and fitness
A healthy and active lifestyle is important to leading a healthy, sustainable life. After all, if we want to keep the world we occupy in good shape, the better shape we're in, the better we'll be able to make sure that we do so.
- Our student life pages provide information on getting involved with sport in your college or the University
- Our travel page will show you how to access the University bike pool, cycle training and other cycle schemes for staff and students
- York Sport operate our two on campus gyms and fitness centres, on Campus East and West