We are refining LifeSim 1 by conducting bespoke epidemiological analysis of the Millenium Cohort Study from birth to age 17. We will then apply this model to various local and national early intervention programmes, as part of the ActEarly Programme, a childhood research and knowledge mobilisation infrastructure in Bradford and Tower Hamlets.
In future research we plan to improve and validate our model in further ways, including economic modelling of parental behaviour.
Core research team
- Richard Cookson (Centre for Health Economics, University of York)
- Miqdad Asaria (London School of Economics)
- Eric Brunner (University College London)
- George Ploubidis (University College London)
- Ieva Skarda (Centre for Health Economics, University of York)
- Aase Villadsen (University College London)
Funding: Funded by the Wellcome Trust (Grant No. 205427/Z/16/Z) from 2017 to 2021 and the Prevention Research Programme from 2019 to 2024 (ActEarly Programme, MR/S037527/1).