To help manage congestion and a smooth move in process, we will be operating a one-way parking system for David Kato College.
What to expect
To help you navigate your way on the day, our campus safety team have put together a video showing what you can expect on your arrival to the colleges.
For more information, please see our written instructions and map below.
Parking information for Sunday 17 September
Please look out for signage directing traffic for David Kato College specifically. Stewards will be posted at different locations around campus to help you if you get lost. The orange route below highlights the one-way system we will be using (a larger version of the map can be accessed through opening the image in a new tab).
- To find the entrance of the one-way system from Hull Road, follow signs for York Sport Village (Lakeside Way, YO10 5FG). When you turn in from Hull Road there will be two roundabouts:
- At the first roundabout, go straight (second exit) and continue to follow signs for Sport Village.
- At the second roundabout, turn left (first exit) and continue on Lakeside Way where you will be met with signage directing you to the front of David Kato College.
- Once you pass the Ron Cooke Hub on Lakeside Way, you will be met by our welcome team in the holding area (labelled D2 on our map above). Our team will notify and direct you to the nearest available parking space in our drop-off car park.
- If you require accessible parking, please let our stewards know and they will be able to direct you to the nearest available space.
- Once in your space, we ask that all drivers remain with their vehicles while you make your way to the David Kato College Hub to pick up your room key. Please remember to bring photo ID such as passport or driver's licence to collect your Student ID and room key.
- While you collect your ID and key, your family/supporters can begin unloading your belongings into a designated baggage drop with the help of our Welcome Team volunteers. Due to the high number of students arriving, you will have 20 minutes to unload your car. A limited number of trolleys will be available at the collection point near the Kato Hub. Make sure to sign your trolley out and return it as soon as possible, so that everyone has time to move in.
- Once fully unloaded, drivers are asked to move their vehicles to our long-stay car park, the Grimston Bar Park and Ride (YO19 5LA, what3words: caked.cooks.dare), to allow others to unload. Vehicles can be parked there for free during move in, and a free shuttle bus will be running between Grimston Bar and the Campus East interchange every 15 minutes - the interchange is only 300 metres from Anne Lister College. Your family/supporters are welcome to stay as long as they wish, however, Grimston Bar Park and Ride closes at 6.35pm, so all vehicles must be collected before that time.
We will be welcoming hundreds of new students to David Kato College on Sunday, so there may be queues at certain points. We really appreciate your patience with both the welcome team and fellow students, who will be working hard to reduce this as much as possible for you.
|Entry to one-way system|
|Grimston Bar Park and Ride|
|Campus East interchange|
Other key information
If you would like to explore campus or you’re lost, you can also search for locations on our interactive campus map.
You will not be able to access University accommodation until the confirmed contract start date in your accommodation offer. Please ensure you plan to arrive on or after this date.
If you have an additional support need or exceptional circumstances that will require you to arrive early, please email email@example.com and get in touch with our student support team and accommodation team.