Work with our students on research and consultancy projects.
Your organisation benefits from academic insights, while we gain important data, combining theoretical approaches with real-world challenges.
Businesses, charities and public sector organisations have worked with us to develop valuable data, potential scenarios, plans, recommendations, and more.
Engage our academic experts to address short- to medium-term organisational challenges and opportunities. We have worked with numerous businesses, public sector and third sector organisations to help frame problems, co-deliver solutions and support implementation of change.
Business consultancy projects
Set-up: November to December
Project start: January
Our undergraduate students deliver a six-week part-time consultancy assignment in groups for individual clients on a project specified by you.
We have impressive feedback from our clients each year. Examples of previous consultancy projects include:
- Development of an ethical policy template for a large food manufacturer
- Devising a strategy for boosting visitor numbers at a national charity’s site in York
- Researching the market demand and consumer profile for a small cosmetics company
Set-up: January to March
Project start: May
Our postgraduate students engage in four months of full-time research on a challenging investigative area.
We regularly work with organisations to align these research dissertations to business needs. Your organisation gets interesting research and students benefit from working on a live project.
Examples of previous research dissertations include:
- Customers' motivations for charitable giving for a national retail company
- Millennials' changing customer values for a regional service company