We have a vision to deliver innovative educational programmes.
Our current programmes
The MSc in Sustainable Business: Leadership, Innovation & Management (SUBLIM) is a collaboration between the Maastricht Sustainability Institute (part of the Triple Crown accredited School of Business & Economics, Maastricht University) and the Department of Environment and Geography, the University of York's world-leading centre for teaching and research on sustainable solutions to global environmental issues.
The programme incorporates teaching from both universities to develop students’ competencies in sustainable development, business innovation, international collaboration, stakeholder participation and communication. Find out more about the programme.
Our future programmes
The collaboration will continue to explore course options following core principles to ensure that all their educational initiatives will be:
- Truly collaborative learning - programmes will be designed to enable collaboration across national, cultural and educational boundaries (eg Bachelors, Masters and PhD students all involved in active collaboration).
- Interdisciplinary - rather than simply duplicating existing educational courses which exist in York or Maastricht, the partnership can add value by developing programmes that run across the traditional disciplinary boundaries. The initiatives will bring together cross-faculty expertise from both York and Maastricht.
- High quality and distinctive to attract the best students we can, while ensuring that we also fully support access from diverse cohorts (including those whose economic background might put them off applying for a multi-centre course).
- Research-led, problem-based learning (PBL) - programmes will bring together York and Maastricht expertise, marrying up the PBL expertise in Maastricht (and the current PBL centres of excellence in York) with York’s strong experience in research-led education.
- Grounded in technology-enabled learning - recognising the hugely important role technology can play in enabling collaboration throughout a programme
- Focused on building a sustainable future - collaborative education courses will equip graduates to tackle the big challenges facing society both today and in the future.
If you would like to get in touch with the team involved with developing future programmes, please email email@example.com