Research into the sale and use of residential leaseholds in Wales
The Welsh Government has commissioned a team of researchers from Kent, York and Bangor Law Schools to undertake research into the sale and use of residential leaseholds in Wales. This aim of this research is to undertake a comprehensive, independent assessment of the use of and issues associated with leasehold tenure in Wales. Specifically, the objectives of the research are to identify and explore leaseholders’ experiences of purchasing and living in a leasehold property.
The research has 6 elements:
- A review of existing literature and data;
- A quantitative analysis of the distribution and characteristics of leasehold homes and leasehold using existing data (Land Registry Price Paid Data and Family Resources Survey).
- An on-line survey of leaseholders
- A number in-depth telephone interviews with leaseholders in Wales.
- Legal analysis of terms in leases
- National stakeholder views focus groups
For more information on the project contact: Professor Caroline Hunter or Professor Helen Carr.