University of York Music Press (UYMP) Assistantship
UYMP publish and promote new and established composers with a range of aesthetic backgrounds. The UYMP Assistant will assist with all processes involved in music publishing.
You'll be required to work an average of eight hours a week during term time.
Duties may include:
- putting the occasional finishing touch to scores saved on the Sibelius music programme
- helping with work on contracts between UYMP and composers and on individual musical work assignment
- helping with the ‘digitisation’ of the collection of master scores by working with both computer-processed scores and manuscripts
- printing from computer to copier, from Sibelius and PDF files
- registering music works for copyright
- helping to update the catalogue and website
- liaising with composers, music ensembles, orchestras and customers
- responding to general enquiries
- creating/writing the occasional news item for the UYMP website
- helping to consolidate information, using Excel files, for composers' end of year accounts
- creating and sending to customers watermarked electronic scores for use as 'perusal' copies
Open to EU, International (non-EU) and UK (home) students.
Open to students in the School of Arts and Creative Technologies.
You must be a student at the University of York to be eligible.