Wilfrid Mellers Gamelan Assistantship
The Mellers Assistantship originates from a covenant from Music at York's founder, Professor Wilfrid Mellers. This assistant supports the directing and administering of Gamelan Sekar Petak.
This post requires about three hours work per week during semester time.
- managing the library
- transcribing sound recordings
- managing membership, schedules and performances
- helping to run school and other workshops
- serving as external liaison officer, maintaining the website text and other publicity
- developing new resources and opportunities
Open to EU, International (non-EU) and UK (home) students.
Open to students in the School of Arts and Creative Technologies.
You must be a student at the University of York to be eligible.
Application deadline: Sunday 2 June 2024, 11.59pm BST
Please apply by filling out our application form. You'll be asked to provide any relevant experience you have, what you would bring to the role and why you would be suited to the assistantship.
Master's students will be given preference.