How To Apply
Applying for a Postgraduate Programme
1) Take a look at the research interests of our staff and our list of PhD projects to identify some subject areas in which you are most interested, as well as identifying some specific members of staff with whom you would like to work. If you wish to contact any potential supervisor directly prior to making your application, please feel free to do so.
2) You will then need to submit an online application for your chosen research degree
Providing all projects you are interested in are within the same funding scheme, you can list all the projects on the same application
If you wish to apply for a Taught MSc course, please select :
For all applications, please remember to include:
- The name(s) of the supervisor(s) whose research groups your are interested in joining (for research degrees only)
- The project or area of research you are interested in (for research degrees only)
- Transcripts of your undergraduate and any Masters degrees. Please ensure that you meet the minimum entry requirements.
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- An accepted English language certificate if English is not your first language.
- Details of how you intend to finance your studies. If you have been awarded or intend to apply for scholarships, please give the names of the scholarships.
- The names and email addresses of two referees who have agreed to provide you with references. At least one of these should be an academic.
If you do not have all the necessary documentation, for example you may be waiting for your degree certificate, you can still submit your application to us and then upload further documents later.
What happens next?
What happens to my application form?
- Your application is received and uploaded by the University Registry Services
- Your referees will be emailed automatically to request that they submit an online reference
- After approximately 24 hours, we can view your application in the Chemistry Graduate Office. We will email you to confirm receipt
- Your application will be checked to ensure you meet the minimum requirements, and that your application is complete. If we require any further information, we will email you to request this.
- Once your application is complete, and we have your two references, your application will be passed to the relevant member(s) of staff for further assessment.
- You may be contacted by a member of academic staff directly if they wish to interview you, in person or by telephone / Skype.
- UK applicants will usually be advised if their application is being nominated for competition funding.
- When a decision has been made about your application you will be notified via email by the Chemistry Graduate Office, and you may be asked to sign a funding information form.
- All offers are subject to approval by University Registry Services who will send an official letter by post, as well as send you an offer email.
Please ensure that you check your email regularly as this will be a primary method of communication and we make every effort to keep you updated throughout the application process. If you have any queries or concerns at and stage, please to not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.