Sixth Form Chemistry Conference
Friday 3 July 2020, 9.30AM to 4pm
This conference for post-16 students (Year 12 or equivalent) will provide a taste of what it is like to study chemistry at university through a packed programme of talks and workshops.
- Listen to a lecture on cutting edge chemistry, delivered by an award-winning researcher at the University of York
- Take the opportunity to look at a range of spectroscopic techniques (including NMR and IR)
- Learn about chirality through a molecular modelling workshop
- Carry out a short practical in the teaching laboratories
- Hear about career opportunities for chemistry graduates
- Discover how to choose the right chemistry course
- Gain some essential hints and tips for applying to university
- Find out how to write an outstanding personal statement
The booking line will open in May 2020.
Location: The Department of Chemistry, University of York