Estates Development Services
Head of Estates Development
The development section is responsible for the delivery of large and small value construction projects on the University Campus. The type and scale of projects vary from small office refurbishments to large scale developments such as the proposed Sports Village on Heslington East.
The Key Roles and Responsibilities of the Development Section include:
- Estates Strategic Development Planning (in line with the wider University development plans).
- Strategic Capital Project management (Working closely with Estates Operations Section).
- Estate Improvement Planning (Working closely with Estates Operations Section).
- Design and Delivery of New Build and Refurbishment Projects.
- Design and Delivery of Minor Projects.
The Development Section also provides key information which includes:
- What works are being undertaken at the present time.
- Who to contact with regards to ongoing and proposed construction / infrastructure changes.
- Professional advice regarding the built environment legislation and regulations in relation to construction at the University.