Megumi has been teaching Japanese over 20 years both in Japan and in the UK. She has joined Languages for All (LFA) as a Language tutor, the University of York in 2001. Until the present time Megumi has engaged in a range of Japanese teaching activities, teaching a spectrum of levels on the LFA programme at York University and local schools throughout this time. She has been involved in a range of language/culture related community events and has undertaken various translational activities.
Megumi was appointed as a Lecture in Japanese in September 2022.
- External Examiner for UWLP, Nottingham Trent University (2015 - 2019)
- LFA Japanese language tutor, University of York (2001 - )
- Japanese Tutor, Queen Margaret’s School, York (2013 -2014)
- Freelance teaching for Japanese GCSE/ A-level and Japanese Language Proficiency Test (N5-N2), York (2012 - )
- Teaching Biology and Chemistry, Mashiko High school, Japan (1998 -2000)
- MA in Education, University of York (1998)
- Diploma in Education, University of York (1997)
- Teaching science (11+) certificate of education, Utsunomiya University (1996)
- MSc in Applied Biochemistry, Utsunomiya University (1996)
- BSc in Agriculture, Utsunomiya University (1994)
- Japanese Coordinator
- PAL Coordinator in Japanese