Cath works as Deputy Director of the York Trials Unit and also as a senior statistician on a variety of trials.
- BSC Mathematics and Statistics
- MSC Mathematics
- PhD Health Sciences
- Senior statistician
- Deputy Chair of Graduate School Board
- Calderdale 2 - Independent Evaluation of using self-regulated strategy development (SRSD) and memorable experiences to improve writing quality.
- CASPER PLUS - Collaborative care in screen positive elders with major depressive disorders.
- CHEMIST - Community Pharmacies Mood Intervention Study (CHEMIST): A Feasibility and Pilot Study.
- Connect project - Co-Production of Policing Evidence, Research and Training: Focus Mental Health.
- CPIT III - The Smoking Cessation in Pregnancy Incentives Trial: A Multi-centre phase III Randomised Controlled Trial.
- FARSTER - Feasibilty study of early outpatient review and early cardiac rehabilitation after coronary artery bypass grafting.
- Gentle Years Yoga (GYY) - Individually randomised controlled, two arm, pragmatic, multi-centre trial to determine the clinical and cost-effectiveness of an adapted yoga programme for older adults with multimorbidity.
- HERO - Hydroxychloroquine Effectiveness in Reducing symptoms of hand Osteoarthritis.
- Online Maths Tuition - Independent Evaluation of the Third Space Learning’s Online Maths Tuition Service – A cluster randomised controlled trial.
- Maths Champions
- OTIS - Occupational Therapist Intervention Study.
- Project-Based Learning - an approach to instruction in which all lessons and activities are organised around a single complex enquiry or project.
- ProFHER - Proximal Fracture of the Humerus: Evaluation by Randomisation.
- PROFHER 2 - Proximal Fracture of the Humerus: Evaluation by Randomisation Trial no.2.
- PROLLIT: Patient Reported Outcome Measure for Lower Limb Reconstruction
- PROMOTE - Placebo-controlled trial of methotrecate to treat painful knee osteoarthritis.
- REFORM - A randomised study in elders falling.
- RESPECT - Randomised Evaluation Sexual Health Promotion Evidence for Care and Treatment: A feasibility study of an intervention to promote sexual health for people with serious mental illness (SMI).
- SCOOP - Screening for osteoporosis in older women for the prevention of fractures.
- SWIFFT - Scaphoid Waist Internal Fixation for Fractures.
- Teensleep - Independent Evaluation of Project Teensleep: A Factoral Cluster Randomised Contrlled Trial.
- UK FROST - United Kingdom Frozen Shoulder Trial.
Catherine supervises PhDs in the following areas: randomised controlled trials, statistics, systematic reviews, bias, diagnostic reviews, meta-analysis.
Current PhD Supervisees
Catherine is a member of the following panels and committees:
- Cross-Whitehall trials advice panel
- HTA comissioning board
- Speciality examiner for the Royal College of Radiologists, Clinical Oncology part 1 exam
Catherine is also part of the following Data monitoring and ethics committees (DMEC):
- NATTINA - The National Trial of Tonsillectomy in Adults, Newcastle
- MINIDEX, Oxford
- DAFNE plus - Dose Adjustment for Normal Eating, Sheffield
- BOOST - Better Outcomes for Older People with Spinal Trouble, OXFORD
- FISCU - , Sheffield