John's PhD in Medical Science aims to assess the effect of iron supplementation on patients with normal haemoglobin but a ferritin below 50, who are non-anaemic but iron deficient. The project is divided into several stages:
- A systematic review of the available evidence.
- Analysis of retrospective data against patient outcomes.
- A Clinical Trial looking at the effect of iron supplementation for non-anaemic iron deficiency in patients undergoing lower limb arthroplasty.
- A Study Within a Trial (SWAT) analysis of follow-up method telephone versus postal for patient questionnaires.
- Diploma of Higher Education in Operating Department Practice 2002-2004
- BSc (Hons) Practice Development 2004-2006
- PG Dip in Medical Law 2006-2008
- PG Dip Physicians Assistant In Anaesthesia 2009-2012
- MSc Anaesthetic Practice 2015-2017
- PGCE Research Training
John is interested in research pertaining to anaesthetic practice and surgery. With a particular interest in anaemia and non-anaemic iron deficiency.
- PhD in Medical Science.
- Clinical Trial looking at non-anaemic iron deficiency in patients undergoing lower limb arthroplasty.