Professional Programme Forum
The Professional Programme Forum aims to bring together those colleagues involved in professional programmes (namely in education, social work, nursing, midwifery, and medicine) and apprenticeship programmes. The forum also welcomes interest from departments and programmes that incorporate placement experience and work-based learning.
The forum provides a platform for sharing information and good practice, identifying issues specific to the professional programmes, and working with other University committees to arrive at joint solutions.
The forum meets officially once per term.
Since March 2020, the forum has been meeting more regularly to discuss and assess the impact of the covid pandemic on the professional programmes.
For all enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms of Reference
Terms of Reference
- To act as a forum for those involved in developing, running and supporting professional practice, work-based learning and apprenticeship programmes.
- To provide staff-led fora for discussion of learning and teaching issues in the context of professional programmes.
- To identify good practice in the design and delivery of professional programmes and to disseminate across the university.
- To serve as a source of advice on professional and work-based learning programmes (e.g. advising on delivery and assessment models, placements and workplace mentoring).
- To act as internal advisers for professional, work-based learning and apprenticeship programmes across the University.
- To play a part in representing and referring staff views on learning and teaching-related issues, arising from the above activities, to the University Teaching Committee, Faculty Learning and Teaching Groups and the Employability Strategy Group.
Chair - Linda Currie, Health Sciences
Deputy Chair - Claire Ball-Smith, Education
- Programme and module leaders for professional programmes
- Programme and module leaders for apprenticeship programmes
- Representative(s) from the Apprenticeships Unit
- Representative(s) from the Academic Support Office
- Representative(s) from Careers and Placements
- Representative(s) from YUSU
- Representative(s) from GSA
Secretariat support - provided by the Academic Support Office :
- Jan Ball-Smith
- Catherine Wild
- Tuesday 10 November 2020, 2pm-3.30pm
- Thursday 4 February 2021, 2pm - 3.30pm
- Tuesday 18 May 2021, 2pm - 3.30pm
Informal meetings are held regularly each month, please contact the team for further details at email@example.com