Your registration on a Centre for Lifelong Learning course will be subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. Participants must be aged 18 years or over to register for a course.
2. Full course fees are due for payment at the time of registration – please contact the Centre for Lifelong Learning (CLL) if you wish to discuss paying in instalments. The Centre looks to support its students in all aspects of study, and aims to be flexible with regard to when payment is received.
3. The University reserves the right to cancel any course which does not recruit a viable number of students. A full refund will be made in this case. In the event of a course being cancelled after its start, a proportional refund will be given. We will endeavour to give a minimum of a week’s notice for any cancellation.
4. Refunds: Following your application and payment for a course, you have a fourteen day ‘cooling off’ period: during this time you can withdraw your application and receive a full refund. This does not apply for withdrawals made on or after the course start date. Refunds are not normally made for withdrawals from a course made outside of the ‘cooling off’ period. Any such refund is at the discretion of the Centre. Refunds may take up to six weeks to process via the University of York’s central finance office.
5. Credit: If you withdraw from a course and are not entitled to a refund, the Centre will issue you with credit to use towards alternative courses as follows:
Any credit made outside of these terms is at the discretion of the Centre.
6. Refunds cannot be given for students who miss weeks.
7. Any request to change to a different course must be made to the CLL office and depends upon the availability of places. An administrative fee may be applied as detailed in section 5 above.
8. CLL will seek to keep to the course dates published, but reserves the right to alter times/dates in the event of unforeseen circumstances. If you are unable to attend at the new times/dates arranged for the course, a full refund will be given.
9. CLL reserves the right to reschedule or cancel a one-day course in full due a change in the tutor’s circumstances. In this instance a full refund will be offered.
10. For courses taking place over multiple weeks, CLL reserves the right to cancel a class if the tutor is absent due to illness or other unavoidable circumstances. If a class has to be cancelled, the tutor will arrange a replacement class at a time to suit the majority of students. No refunds will be made in the event of some course participants being unable to attend at the rearranged time.
11. The University does not accept responsibility for losses or expenses incurred, however caused.
12. The Head of Centre reserves the right to exclude any student who makes it difficult for the class to operate in line with the University’s vision of an academic community.
13. Whilst every effort is made to avoid changes to the programme, details may be altered without notice at any time. CLL reserves the right to withdraw or amend any part of its programme without prior notice.
14. Accredited modules: University of York students are only permitted to be registered on one programme of study. If you are a current student at the University you will not usually be permitted to undertake an accredited module from Lifelong Learning at the same time. Please contact the Centre prior to applying if you have any questions about this.
If you have a query about any of these terms and conditions, please contact the CLL office by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01904 328473.