Your registration on a Centre for Lifelong Learning course will be subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. Participants must be aged 18 years or over to register for a course.
2. Full course fees are due for payment at the time of registration – please contact the Centre for Lifelong Learning (CLL) if you wish to discuss paying in instalments. The Centre looks to support its students in all aspects of study, and aims to be flexible with regard to when payment is received.
3. The University reserves the right to cancel any course which does not recruit a viable number of students. A full refund will be made in this case. In the event of a course being cancelled after its start, a proportional refund will be given. We will endeavour to give a minimum of a week’s notice for any cancellation.
4. Refunds are not normally paid after the start of the course. Any request made after this date should be made in writing to the Office Manager.
5. Refunds cannot be given for missed weeks.
6. Refunds may take up to six weeks to process via the University of York’s central finance office.
7. Following any enrolment in advance of a course, you have a fourteen day ‘cooling off’ period: during this time you can withdraw your application and receive a full refund. After this period, any refund is at the discretion of the Centre: an administrative fee may be applied and you will normally be issued with credit to use towards future CLL courses.
8. Any request to change to a different course must be made to the CLL office and depends upon the availability of places.
9. CLL will seek to keep to the course dates published, but reserves the right to alter times/dates in the event of unforeseen circumstances. If you are unable to attend at the new times/dates arranged for the course, a full refund will be given.
10. CLL reserves the right to cancel a class if the tutor is absent due to illness or unavoidable circumstances. If a class has to be cancelled, the tutor will arrange a replacement class at a time to suit the majority of students. No refunds will be made in the event of some course participants being unable to attend at the rearranged time.
11. The University does not accept responsibility for losses or expenses incurred, however caused.
12. The Head of Centre reserves the right to exclude any student who makes it difficult for the class to operate in line with the University’s vision of an academic community.
13. Whilst every effort is made to avoid changes to the programme, details may be altered without notice at any time. CLL reserves the right to withdraw or amend any part of its programme without prior notice.
If you have a query about any of these terms and conditions, please contact the CLL office by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01904 328473.