Our Saturday courses for the 2019/20 academic year can be found below, listed by term and subject. For a list of all courses in date order, please visit Upcoming courses and events. All courses can be booked online (click on the link in the course page).
*UPDATE 27/03/20* So we can continue to support our students, we are working towards putting some of our Summer courses online, by setting up live seminars that students can join through Collaborate - a tool for online meetings that is similar to making video calls.
We will contact you once we have made arrangements for your course either by email or telephone - we are organising the long courses first and then we will be in touch about Saturday classes.
Centre staff will be working from home - should you have any queries please contact us by email (email@example.com) or call 01904 328473 and leave a voicemail message.
All of us here at CLL would like to thank you all for your patience and for your continued support whilst we arrange this.
History and Heritage
- History Mysteries: Who is Buried in Sutton Hoo? - 18 April 2020
- The History of St Mary’s Abbey and the Abbot’s Manor - 25 April 2020
- How Did Britain Become Roman? - 2 May 2020
- Flashpoints and Candy Bombers: Assessing the Berlin Blockade (1948-49) - 2 May 2020
- The Conquests of Wales - 9 May 2020
- History of Spain: The Reconquest (1000-1500) - 16 May 2020
- Building the Guild Hall - 30 May 2020
- The Winter of Discontent, Mrs Thatcher and the 1979 May Election - 30 May 2020
- 'Keep This Voucher - It Is Of Value': What Was Rowntree & Co.'s Marketing Revolution? - 6 June 2020
- Yorkshire and the Industrial Revolution (third cohort) 2019/20 - 6 June 2020
- The History of York’s Merchants Adventurers and their Hall - 13 June 2020
- Prophecy, Propaganda and Portraits: How to Rule a Nation? - 20 June 2020
- August 1920: The Battle of Warsaw and the Salvation of Europe - 20 June 2020
- Durham Cathedral: History Set in Stone - 20 June 2020
- The Wind in the Willows and the Meaning of Life - 18 April 2020
- A Day at Briggflatts - 25 April 2020
- An Introduction to Geoffrey Hill - 9 May 2020
- ‘Down these mean streets...’ - 16 May 2020
- Literary Exiles and Émigrés: James Joyce, Jean Rhys, Joseph Conrad, Katherine Mansfield - 23 May 2020
- Introduction to the Poetry of Seamus Heaney - 6 June 2020
- A Day with John Donne - 13 June 2020
- Sir Walter Scott: Ivanhoe and the Gothic Revival - 20 June 2020
Religion, Culture and Philosophy
- The Death of God - 9 May 2020
- A New Heaven and a New Earth: An Introduction to the Book of Revelation - 30 May 2020
- The Vision of Piers Plowman: A Search for ‘Kynde Knowinge’ - 27 June 2020