Jude has more than 17 years experience of coordinating and managing a variety of large scale randomised controlled trials in both primary and secondary care including those in the musculoskeletal, wound care and addiction fields. As well as being involved in the day-to-day realities of running trials, she has experience of many trial aspects, including recruitment, methodological issues and design.
Jude's interests are in recruitment to randomised controlled trials; trial design issues; podiatric research; addiction and mental health research.
- ASSSIST-2 - Autism Spectrum Social Stories™ In Schools Trial 2.
- CHAMP-1 - Community Pharmacy: Highlightinh alcohol use in medication appointments.
- CPIT III - The smoking cessation in pregnancy incentives trial.
- FARSTER - Feasibilty study of early outpatient review and early cardiac rehabilitation after coronary artery bypass grafting.
- MiQUIT 3 - RCT and meta-analysis testing effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of a tailored text message programme (MiQuit) for smoking cessation in pregnancy.
- PERSONAL-EYE-S - Feasibility of a novel, high-definition, personalised artificial eye service.
- REDUCE - Reducing the impact of diabetic foot ulcers
- SCEPTRE - Promoting Smoking Cessation and Preventing Relapse to tobacco use following a mental health inpatient stay
- VenUS-6 - A randomised controlled trial of compression therapies for the treatment of venous leg ulcers
- ACE to HEAR - A randomised controlled feasibility trial of the active communication education programme plus hearing-aid provision versus hearing-aid provision alone.
- AESOPS - The effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of opportunistic screening and stepped care interventions for older harzardous alcohol users in primary care.
- ARiAS - Addiction Research in Acute Settings
- PROTECT- Preventing blood borne virus infection in people who inject drugs in the UK
- REFORM - A randomised study in elders falling
- RESPECT- Randomised evaluation sexual health promotion evidence for care and treatment: A feasibility study of an intervention to promote sexual health for people with serious mental illness (SMI).
- STEPFORWARD - Patient acceptability of a novel prosthetic device.
- STRATEGIC - Interventions to increase cervical screening uptake at first invitation in young women
- VENUS III
- Y-SBNT- Family and Social Network Intervention for Young People who Misuse Alcohol and Drugs
Jude would be interested in supervising PhDs in topics involving various trial aspects, including RCTs, recruitment, methodological issues and design.