Dr Olga Moroz
Tel: (+44) (0)1904 328269
Postdoctoral Research Associate
I work in the group of Professor Keith Wilson, on a collaborative project funded by Novozymes. This involves characterization, crystallization and structure determination of industrial enzymes. The project provides an excellent opportunity to expand the arsenal of crystallization fine-tuning approaches.
- S100 protein family: Structure-function investigations of a family of human S100 calcium-regulated proteins, that are linked to a number of human diseases from cancer to neurological disorders. We collaborate with Dr Betsy Pownall from the York Biology Department Frog Group, investigating S100 protein family functions using Xenopus tropicalis as a model system.
- Housecleaning enzymes: Previous collaborative efforts on dimeric dUTPases from human pathogens resulted in identifying a novel superfamily of enzymes with housecleaning functions. In future, this project may be extended to include other systems and family representatives.
S100A12 in a dimeric (low-calcium) and hexameric (high-calcium) crystal forms.
- The three-dimensional structure of the cellobiohydrolase Cel7A from Aspergillus fumigatus at 1.5Å resolution.
O V Moroz, M Maranta, T Shaghasi, P V Harris, K S Wilson, G J Davies (2015) Acta Cryst F 71:114-20
- Evidence for steric regulation of fibrinogen binding to Staphylococcus aureus FnBPA..
V Stemberk R P O Jones, O Moroz, K E Atkin, A M Edwards, J P Turkenburg, A P Leech, R C Massey, and J R Potts (2014) J Biol Chem. 289(18):12842-51
- Degradation of phytate by the 6-phytase from Hafnia alvei : a combined solution and structural study.
A Ariza, O V Moroz, E V Blagova, J P Turkenburg, J Waterman, S M Roberts, J Vind, C Sjøholm, S F Lassen, L De Maria, V Glitsoe, L K Skov, K S Wilson, PLoS One. 2013 May 31; 8(5).
- Crystal structure of a ferric bis(catecholamide) in complex with the ferric siderophore periplasmic binding protein CeuE.
D J Raines, O V Moroz, K S Wilson, and A K Duhme-Klair (2013) Angew Chem Int Ed Engl; 52(17):4595-8
- The crystal structure of zebrafish S100Z: implications for calcium-promoted S100 protein oligomerisation.
O V Moroz, I B Bronstein, K S Wilson. (2011) J Mol Biol. 411(5):1072-82.
- The crystal structures of human S100A12 in apo form and in complex with zinc: new insights into S100A12 oligomerisation.
O V Moroz, E V Blagova, A J Wilkinson, K S Wilson, I B Bronstein. (2009) J Mol Biol. 391(3):536-51
- Dimeric dUTPases, HisE, and MazG belong to a new superfamily of all-alpha NTP pyrophosphohydrolases with potential "house-cleaning" functions.
Moroz OV, Murzin AG, Makarova KS, Koonin EV, Wilson KS, Galperin MY. (2005) J Mol Biol. 347, 243-55