Permission to work

If you haven't yet brought your work permission documents to HR, you must do this first before anything else. (this includes, familiarisation, training or any work) For more information on these checks, including alternative documents you can bring, see our work permission pages.

Your start date will be delayed if you have not brought your documents to Human Resources before you commence working.

Payroll documents

If you have a P45 document from your previous employer, send it in a sealed envelope to Payroll, Room H/G06a, Heslington Hall.

If you don't have a P45, complete a Starter Checklist form ( instead.

Staff card

Your staff card acts as a key, identity card and gives access to printing and library services.

Collect yours from the Information Centre at Market Square. You will need to take your passport or another form of ID. Be ready to have your photo taken!

IT account

Your manager will give you a username and password so you can register with IT Services and start using University computers, wifi and printing.

If you have IT problems, email or call (01904 32) 3838.

Your workplace

You should get to know your workplace, including the standard procedures involving health and safety, security and evacuation. Your manager should start working through your induction checklist [MS Word] with you to cover these and other useful things.

We want to make sure things go as smoothly as possible for you - please ask your line manager or call HR Services on 4835 if you need help with anything.