Diploma in Physics and Applied Mathematics (Novosibirsk University)
PhD-Candidate of Science in Physics and Mathematics (Novosibirsk and Moscow)
DrSci-Doctor of Sciences in Physics and Mathematics (Novosibirsk and Moscow)
Applied Mathematics and Fluid Dynamics with special interests in: Asymptotic and Averaging Methods; Direct Lyapunov Method; Vibrodynamics; Hydrodynamic Stability; Arnold's Stability; Vortex Dynamics; Geophysical Fluid Dynamics; Magneto-Hydrodynamics (MHD); Liquid Crystals; Biological Fluid Dynamics; Microhydrodynamics; Micro-Robots.
Recognition and Awards
- A special award from the International Astronomy Union: a small planet in the Solar System is named `Vladimir A.Vladimirov'. Reference: Minor Planet Circular No.36654, 20 March 2000.
- Visiting Professorships: University of Toronto (1991-2); Cornell University (1992); Caltech (1992); University of Cambridge, DAMTP (1993-4); University of Leeds (1992-3 and 2005-now). Monash University (1996), Tsinghua University, Taipei (1995), Tsinghua University, Beijing (2007), King Fahd University of Petrolium & Minerals (2013);
- Honorary Professor: Southern Federal University (1998-now);
- Director of the Hull Institute for Mathematical Sciences and Applications (2001-5).
- Doctor of Sciences in Physics and Mathematics, Research on Stability of Rotating and Stratified Flows, USSR Academy of Sciences (1989).
- Above 150 invited lectures and external seminars at various universities of USA, UK, France, Germany, Denmark, China, Hong Kong, and Russia.
- The 1st Prize in Fundamental Sciences of the Siberian Division, USSR Academy of Sciences (1989).
- The 1st Prize in Applied Mathematics and Mechanics of the Siberian Division, USSR Academy of Sciences (1986).