Michelle has been a Research Fellow (Trial Coordinator) since 2017, having joined York Trials Unit as a Trial Support Officer in 2015. Michelle also works as a Pharmacy Technician in a community pharmacy. Michelle previously worked as a Senior Pharmacy Technician specialising in clinical trials in secondary care.
- NVQ Level 3 in Pharmacy Services
- BSc (Hons) Medical Physiology (University of Leicester)
- Msc in Health Research (University of Leeds)
Michelle is a member of the following groups:
- Contract Researchers Form
- YTU Patient and Public Involvement Working Group
- CHEMIST - Community Pharmacies Mood Intervention Study
- FLARE - A multi-centre, two-arm, non-inferiority, parallel group, randomised controlled trial with an internal pilot, economic evaluation and nested qualitative study, to assess whether the repair of the Flexor Digitorum Profundus (FDP) alone results in a as good as quality of life compared to repairing FDP and the Flexor Digitorum Superficialis (FDS).
- CHAMP-1 - National Institute for Health Research funded five year research programme to design and evaluate in a definitive RCT, an intervention that helps incorporate discussion of alcohol within medication consultations.
- DISC - Dupuytren's Interventions: Surgery vs Collagenase
- HERO-Hydroxychloroquine Effectiveness in Reducing symptoms of hand Osteoarthritis
- PROMOTE- A pragmatic, double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled trial of methotrexate to treat painful knee osteoarthritis
Michelle is able to supervise Masters dissertation projects. Her interests include pharmacy research, surgical interventions, and clinical trial recruitment and retention.