Wendy Offen works in the group of Professor Gideon Davies, FRS. Her main interests are in the structural enzymology of diverse carbohydrate-active enzymes and biocatalysts. Wendy works on the O-GlcNAc modification, and related hexosaminidase enzymes, on industrially-relevant amylases, cellulases and xyloglucanases and has a long standing interest in mannosidase catalysis. Wendy is also initiating some new projects in natural product biosynthesis and organometallic biocatalyst engineering.
Selected Recent Publications
- Functional and informatics analysis enables glycosyltransferase activity prediction
Yang et al., Nature Chem Biol, 2018.
- Gluco-1H-imidazole; a new class of azole-type β-glucosidase inhibitor
Schröder et al., J Am Chem Soc, 2018, 140, 5045-5048.
- In vitro and in vivo characterization of three Cellvibrio japonicus Glycoside Hydrolase Family 5 members reveals potent xyloglucan backbone-cleaving functions
Attia et al., Biotechnol Biofuels, 2018, 11:45
- Towards broad spectrum activity-based glycosidase probes: synthesis and evaluation of deoxygenated cyclophellitol aziridines
Schröder et al., Chem Commun, 2017, 53, 12528-12531
- Structural and functional insight into human O-GlcNAcase
Roth et al., Nature Chem Biol, 2017, 13, 610–612.
- Carba-Cyclophellitols are Neutral Retaining Glucosidase Inhibitors
Beenakker et al., J Am Chem Soc, 2017, 39, 6534–6537.
- 1,6-Cyclophellitol Cyclosulfates: A New Class of Irreversible Glycosidase Inhibitor
Artola et al., ACS Central Science, 2017, 3, 784-793