Aspect Research Commercialisation (ARC) Accelerator
Posted on 15 November 2021
Are you a social science or arts and humanities academic with innovative research ideas that could be developed into a business or social enterprise?
Following the 2021 Aspect Research Commercialisation (ARC) Accelerator - where first prize was secured by the University of York's Rob Klassen - we are pleased to announce the launch of the 2022 programme.
The ARC accelerator provides a unique opportunity to turn bright ideas into a business proposition, through a comprehensive entrepreneurial skills training programme and the chance to compete to win £50,000* to support your proposed venture.
The six month programme is open to all Social Sciences and Arts and Humanities researchers within the SHAPE disciplines, and will run from February 2022. Successful applicants will benefit from:
- Support from the Commercialisation team ahead of programme launch
- A virtual training boot-camp spread over three weeks led by industry experts to develop key entrepreneurial skills
- Specialised, sector specific training, including access to experts who have 'been there before' and access to investors
- Dedicated mentorship support to help validate your idea, develop a business model, and support your pitch for funding investment
- Access to key business and investor networks
- The chance to pitch for up to £50,000 in prize money*
Deadline for applications - 30th November (noon)
Support to prepare applications is available from our Commercialisation Team. For an application form and to discuss this opportunity, please email Blake Prime (firstname.lastname@example.org).
* Terms and conditions apply