- Medical Research Council (MRC) Career Development Fellow/Assistant Professor, University of York, 2017-
- Centre for Chronic Diseases and Disorders (C2D2) Research Fellow, University of York, 2015-2017.
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of York, 2012-2015.
- PhD Psychology, University of Manchester, 2008-2012.
- BSc (Hons) Psychology, Manchester Metropolitan University, 2004-2007.
Lab website: www.epoc-lab.com
Follow me on Twitter: @sacairney
I'm principally interested in the role of sleep in emotional memory consolidation. My research combines experimental psychology, cognitive neuroscience and neurophysiology to investigate how emotional memories are processed in the sleeping brain. My work has been funded by the Medical Research Council and Wellcome Trust.
Please contact me if you are interested in joining my lab as a PhD student. I'm happy to supervise projects related to sleep, memory or emotion regulation.
Emotion Processing and Offline Consolidation (EPOC) Lab
Sleep, Language and Memory (SLAM) Research Group
- Ken Paller Department of Psychology, Northwestern University, USA.
- Mike Anderson MRC Cognition and Brain Sciences Unit, University of Cambridge, UK.
- Hong-Viet Ngo School of Psychology, University of Birmingham, UK.