Research Group: Condensed Matter Physics, Biophysical Sciences Institute
My research area is biophysics and bioengineering, in particular the development of new optical microscopy methods used to study microorganisms.
- High-speed digital holographic microscopy
- Computed scattering experiments (for example, differential dynamic microscopy)
- High throughput computational image processing
- The biophysics of propulsion in swimming microorganisms
- Fluid mechanics of microswimmers such as bacteria and algae
- Collective behaviour in bacterial systems