Institute of Art and Law Study Forum
Saturday 22 February 2020, 9.45AM to 5pm
Confirmed speakers and topics include:
- Professor Geoffrey Bennett (IAL Senior Fellow), ‘The law of Treasure’
- Crispin Oliver (Barrister, Dere Street Chambers), ‘Treasure: examples and case studies’
- Dr Rebecca Reynolds (IAL Researcher and Lecturer), ‘Planning law and the Clifford’s Tower dispute’
- Professor Michael White (History of Art Department, University of York), ‘Ready-made Rietveld: The Red/Blue Chair as a test for artistic craftsmanship’
- Dr Emma Waring (Senior Lecturer, Law Department, University of York), ‘Location, location, location? Mapping the legal protection of sculpture’
- Professor Amy Werbel (Fashion Institute of Technology, State University of New York / Fulbright Scholar, University of York), ‘Censorship and obscenity in law and culture’
For more details visit the Institute of Art and Law website.
Location: King's Manor
Admission: £42 (incl VAT) for IAL members (and UKRG members); £84 (incl VAT) for non-members; special price for full-time undergraduate students (contact us for details). The event is free for all current IAL distance learning students.