Puvan joined the York Trials Unit in 2010 after first training is as a Pharmacist. His post-graduate work prepared him for a broad range of functions relating to the design and conduct of clinical trials along with the synthesis of medical and health-related evidence.
- PhD Public Health and Epidemiology
- MSc Evidence-based medicine
- Manager for York site within the RDS Yorkshire & Humber
- Co-chair of the Contract Research Forum
Puvan's research interests include interim analysis and methods used by data monitoring committees, participant-reported outcome measures and methods for evidence synthesis and meta-analysis.
- HERO- Hydroxychloroquine Effectiveness in Reducing symptoms of hand Osteoarthritis
- PROMOTE- A pragmatic, double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled trial of methotrexate to treat painful knee osteoarthritis
- YLST - Yorkshire Lung Screening Trial
- PROFHER 2 - PROximal Fracture of the Humerus: Evaluation by Randomisation Trial no. 2 (PROFHER-2 Trial)
- MSc Dissertation supervision